The technology at a glance.
- Automated CNC lathes with modern industrial robots are in use from different reputable machine manufacturers to lathe hardened components following heat treatment.
- The production of cylindrical and conical bores is supported by in-process measurements.
- Other specialities are position-oriented lathing with a centre offset, in which the workpiece is clamped from the centre, as well as dry lathing without cooling lubricant during machining.
- Various materials, such as alloyed case-hardened steels and sintered materials, are processed.
- Hard lathing is possible up to a max. tip diameter of 1,250 mm and a max. length of 900 mm.